When I look around, it is evident that most moms are living with a high level of stress.
Stress easily causes us to be stuck in ruts. Too many are existing in status quo because of the weight of stress they carry.
Life is too short to be wasted being stressed.
But, life is stressful! How can we possibly live stress-free?
Here are five tips to help limit stress so that we can live life to the fullest.
1. Take baths, long ones. Take the time to rest in a tub of warm water. Spend that time praying and meditating. Play encouraging music or enjoy silence. Throw in some bath salts. Pamper yourself with a skin mask. Just BREATHE.
2. Take a nap once a week. On Sunday afternoons, taking the time to close my eyes and turn my brain off before the busy week happens is key. It gives me extra rest (which helps with stress management), and it is the only way my thoughts stop.
3. Exercise! Sweating is a huge stress reliever for me. Taking time out to challenge my body physiologically helps manage stress. It's like I literally feel stress peeling off my body when I sweat. A few days in a row without sweating leads me to desperately need it. Exercise! You'll feel the difference!
4. Laugh! Make a conscious effort to laugh every day. Be mindful to notice the funny things in your day, and take the time to actually stop and laugh. Laughing minimizes stress too!
5. Set a time at night to STOP. For me, when I am done cleaning the kitchen after dinner, that is my stop time. Everything else on my list can wait until tomorrow. No matter how much laundry there is to do or things to clean, it is important to have time carved at the end of your day to stop doing. This time should be reserved for your husband or wife, doing whatever you enjoy doing together. It's amazing how much having a relaxing end to your day helps with stress. When there is no wiggle room or "me'time", you'll grow smothered and overwhelmed.
Research shows that stress is one of the worst things for our body. Actually, often times, stress is being handled by our bodies in secret. Our buildup of stress is manifested in our physical health. Stress can be the underlying cause of many physical health issues.
These five tips have helped me manage stress as a full time professional working mommy and wife.
This has been a stressful month for me. My extended family has been hit with issues that have caused me great concern. Anxiety quickly set in and my body started to respond to the stress. Sometimes in life, the demands and concerns in life seem too heavy, and we need help.
Matthew 11:28-30 says, "Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Having faith in God, trusting He is in control, and surrendering to Him will indeed rid you of stress, supernaturally. Giving God control by spending time with Him in His Word and prayer and living by His commands will free us of stress and allow us to walk in peace and freedom. The stress relief HE provides far beats anything we can attempt to do on our own.
GOD was the only One who could free me from the worry and concern I have been carrying. Thanks be to God for HIS peace.
Let's vow to live life to the fullest by aiming to be stress free!